Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 1994 09:19:01 EDT
Lowell National Historical Park (National Park Service) has been using
a scheduling program written in Microsoft Access. It's tailored to the
specific needs of this Park, but seems to working for them. You should
contact that Chief of Visitor Services at LNHP, 169 Merrimack Street,
Lowell, MA, 10852. I've used Access recently to program a little
registration database for a conference for which I am local arrangements
chair this fall. It's not too hard, using Access macros to do some
pretty nifty things. Of course, if you're talking about a large,
complex tour booking business, you'll want to hire a programmer. But
the newer Windows-based databases are fairly powerful, easy to use, and
can generate lists, reports, and even name badges and tickets.

It will be interesting to see what others suggest.

Ed Pershey
Tsongas Industrial History Center
LNHP & UMass Lowell