From:
Kara Schneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 17:48:57 LCL
We are getting ready to make a loan of a number of items from our
collection of scientific instruments for an exhibition on one of MIT's
most beloved professors.  In preparing the loan agreement, I have to
assign value to these items for insurance coverage and coming up with a
dollar figure has proven to be quite difficult.

Can anyone offer some advice on how I might arrive at an appropriate
values?  The items are mostly electrical engineering and photographic
equipment, dating from the 1940's through the 1980's.

Please reply to me privately.  Thanks for your help!

Kara Schneiderman               telephone: 617.253.4440
Museum Archivist                fax: 617.258.9107
The MIT Museum                  internet: [log in to unmask]
265 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA  02139