Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Croft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 00:27:15 +1000
Jim Blackaby writes:

> For many years I have worked on developing relational models for
> museum information based first on notions developed in the work of
> the Common Agenda for History Museums and then on a much simplified
> version of the ICOM-CIDOC model long under consideration by the
> Reconciliation of Standards Working Group of the Documentation
> Committee of ICOM.  A draft of that simple model was developed at
> Paris two years ago, and presented at the last ICOM meeting, but
> never approved by the committee as a whole and so not released.

Any chance of getting these specifications on a gopher or ftp server or
similar?  Tracking down paper is a real pain...

> Nevertheless, it follows the structure of what you've been ddoing with
> LASSI and others have done in developing data structures.

and these?

The more models and database designs that are out there on the network,
the less wheels muesum peole will have to reinvent...

cheers

-- jim                    URL=http://155.187.10.12:80/people/croft.jim.html
Jim Croft         [Herbarium CANB & CBG]          internet: [log in to unmask]
Australian National Herbarium &                      voice:  +61-6-2509 490
Australian National Botanic Gardens               faxmodem:  +61-6-2509 484
GPO Box 1777, Canberra, ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA            fax:  +61-6-2509 599
______Biodiversity Directorate, Australian Nature Conservation Agency______
_________________Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research____________________