From:
Morgan Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:16:59 -0800
Check the numerous work os Clarence P. Hornung, especially the Handbook
of Designs and Devices, currently published by Dover.  This $5.95
paperback is very handy for a detailed organization of basic designs and
their variations.  It may get you started.

H. Morgan Hicks

Art Institute of Seattle/University of Washington
"We're all travelling exhibits."