From:
Lee Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 16:11:01 PST
If you are thinking about using low voltage halogen lights consider
the following two problems, heat and noise. The ballast get dam
hot and you will need gloves to move them plus many of the ballasts
in the transformers start buzzzzzzzzing and buzzzzing.

I have seen staff at 4 museums and galleries being driven nuts by
the problem of buzzing ballasts.

Why cant someone develop a compact fluorescent with a good uv filter.
I realize that it could not be dimmed but it would still answer many
of my needs.

--
Lee Boyko Sooke Region Museum [log in to unmask]