From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 15:32:17 -0500
>What was the list owner's response?
>
>Mark C. Vang

>Virginia Marine Science Museum  |Please include the name of the intended
>717 General Booth Boulevard     |recipient in the subject so that it can be
>Virginia Beach, VA 23451        |properly routed @ VMSM. ex. NAME/SUBJECT
>(804)437-4949 office      (804)437-4976 fax       [log in to unmask]

John Chadwick said that he tried to keep the statement of purpose
as broad as possible when setting up the list. There is no formal
statement, just the concept of an open discussion for museum
professionals, students and interested people. To that end, he
tries to keep a hands off approach to what is being posted, with
the exception of personal replies. For the most part, his
job as listowner is to deal with bouncing mail messages.

He also said that added listserv functions will be coming soon.

It seems to me there should be room for experimentation with the
new medium, and a response to it. Isn't this what we mean by
"informal education?"

Robbin Murphy
(who is checking out air fares to Florence)