From:
Susan Jewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 09:05:26 EST
I don't know of anyone using Tyvek with dot matrix printers but it has
been used successfully for india ink hand written labels (see Van Guelpen,
et. al., Curation Newsletter, No. 9, Fall 1987, p. 3) and apparently can
not be used with laser printers (see Jewett, same newsletter, p.2).
We, at the USNM Fish Division, are happy with results using Byron Weston
Resistall paper with dot matrix printers and non-bleeding ethanol resistant
inked ribbons (see Curation Newsletter, No. 10, Spring 1990, for details.

If you have good results with your proposed combination, please notify me
or another member of the ASIH Collections Supplies, etc. Committee so we
can include mention of it in the next Curation Newsletter.  Thanks.....and
Good Luck!

Susan L. Jewett, Div. of Fishes, NMNH, MRC 159
Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC 20560, U.S.A.
FAX: (202) 357-2986   Internet: [log in to unmask]
PHONE:  (202) 357-3300