Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 22:32:49 -0400
Years ago, when I was just a lad, I was a volunteer at
The New Museum of Contemporary Art and spent most of my time
standing around telling people not to step on the art. One
thing you should keep in mind is how you "reward" volunteers
for guard duty. The New Muse gave us free copies of publications
but we had to ask for them and sign some kind of form. I thought
that was great and have a hardcover copy of "Art After
Modernism: Rethinking Representation" with the original
Barbara Kruger cover.

Unfortunately I felt compelled to quit when I saw one of
the museum board members screaming at a volunteer (a friend
of mine who is now a very successful writer) because she
hadn't jumped fast enough when ordered at an opening.

Robbin Murphy
NYU/Museum Studies
ArtNet (Please, don't eat fur)