From:
Carli DeFillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:15:42 -0400
Dear colleagues,

I am currently working on developing a collections management plan for my museum, and I'm looking for resources and examples of plans for similar institutions, if anyone has one they are willing to share. (To be clear, We already have a collections management policy; it is the actionable plan I am seeking to develop now.)

We are an actively collecting local historical organization whose mission is to interpret and restore a living history village, operate a historical museum, and collect and preserve material culture to inspire engagement with and understanding of the diverse histories of our local area. Our collection includes objects, photographs, and archives, dating from approximately the 17th century to the present. Some collections are used to furnish historic interiors; others are on display in more traditional museum exhibitions, shared in our online collections database, and many, of course, are in storage.

I have found some example plans online, mainly for art or natural history museums. These have been helpful, but I am especially interested in locating examples of or resources for museums with similar types of collections, use, and goals. Please feel free to contact me on or off list with any suggestions, or if you are willing to share your own collections management plan.

Thanks,
Carli

--
Carli DeFillo | Collections Manager