From:
KayLyn Bean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2022 12:11:03 -0400
The Mabee Regional Heritage Center in Plainview, Texas is happy to announce the opening of two separate paid internships for 2023. One is from January - June 2023 and the other is from July - December 2023.

Details:
6-month duration (26 weeks)
40 hours/week
Minimum wage ($7.25/hour)
Free housing available

Highlights of expected responsibilities:
Collections and Exhibits - Continue implementing Re-Org, a collections reorganization project and collaborate on our exhibit upgrade project.
Outreach - Help fulfill our community outreach and educational goals and assist with any fundraising events.
Museum Administration - Implement a new mission and scope of collection for the center and the museums. Also there is an opportunity to write grants if interested!
Marketing - Help promote the center.

This internship is traditionally held by graduate students focusing in museum studies, but we are open to other types of students as well.

Interested applicants should submit the following in one single email to [log in to unmask]:
Current resume
Letter of intent outlining your interests and expectations of the internship
3 Letters of recommendation from professors and/or museum professionals

Deadlines:
Spring 2023 application deadline: October 29, 2022
Fall 2023 application deadline: March 18, 2023

Questions? Contact us at:

KayLyn Bean
Director of Museums
Mabee Regional Heritage Center
Flying Queens Museum, the Jimmy Dean Museum, and the Museum of the Llano Estacado
Plainview, Texas