From:
"Cooper, Susan (DNR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2021 13:39:21 +0000
I have found that scanning something done in light pencil with the scanner set to grayscale as dark as possible, then adjusting the curves in photoshop helps. I don't do the contrast until later on as you are trying to capture something already light in tone.

Alternatively I have done it old school, and used a photocopier set at the darkest settings. You'll wind up with an overall dark image, but the pencil lines will still be there.

Then it can be adjusted in photoshop with adjusting the brightness, contrast, and curves.

Good luck,

Susan E. Cooper, Senior Exhibit Designer/Graphic Artist

Michigan History Museum

702 West Kalamazoo Street

P.0. Box 30740

Lansing, MI 48909-8240

Home cell 517-672-1290

Fax 517-241-4738

The Michigan History Center fosters curiosity, enjoyment and inspiration rooted in Michigan’s stories.