From:
"John T. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:58:26 +0000
Colleagues,

It is with great pleasure that I send along the joint announcement from the American Association for State and Local History and the Canadian Heritage Information Network that Nomenclature, previously published in hardcopy and digital form, is now available online as free open data and as a visual dictionary courtesy of work by AASLH, CHIN, and the AASLH Nomenclature Task Force. This is a monumental step for the museum field and provides everyone from small, local historical societies to museums with multi-million object collections to have access to Nomenclature 4.0 and the Parks Canada Descriptive Dictionary of Objects.

The links below will take you to the official announcement(s) as well as the landing page for the visual dictionary. Should you have any questions or feedback, please by all means feel free to reach out to me and I will happily answer them and/or pass along to my colleagues on the Task Force.

AASLH Announcement: https://aaslh.org/open-data-nomenclature/

CHIN Announcement: https://app.pch.gc.ca/sgc-cms/nouvelles-news/anglais-english/?p=10515

Visual Dictionary: https://www.nomenclature.info/

Thank you,

John

John Hart, Jr.

AASLH Nomenclature Task Force Member

Director, Sullivan Museum and History Center

Norwich University

158 Harmon Drive

Northfield, VT 05663

Direct Phone: (802) 485-3289