From:
Lee Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 09:48:39 PDT
I first started using Gencat when it was built on the early version
of Revelations, since then it moved along with developments in revelations.

I liked its ability to have multi valued fields and hierarchical fields.
A number of Museum in BC have been using it. The people who developed the
program have developed both a museum specific and library specific version
of the software. I like working with the main system as its generic
database qualities appealed to my need to tinker and develop different
programs for different function.

While I like Gencat, I find that at my present institution, I am not
using it. The reason is partially cost, and the fact that I am working
in a windows environment and using Access. I find that it can do most everything
I need a database to do, plus it integrates well with my other software.

Would I buy Gencat if money was no object? I am not sure! But it would be
a strong competitor.

--
Lee Boyko Sooke Region Museum [log in to unmask]