From:
Jason Aikens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:48:52 -0400
I’m looking for advice on advertising and marketing traveling exhibits. Here at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, we are launching a new traveling exhibit titled, “Portraits in Football, the Ultimate Trading Card Collection.” The exhibit features the highest graded collection of football cards in the world and interprets the history of football card collecting. It is approximately 2,000 – 3,000 square feet. We are reaching out to cultural institutions to exhibit this collection and will actually waive the rental fee for the institution that can debut the “Ultimate Trading Card Collection” this summer.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame has worked with traveling exhibit management firms in the past but we are looking to market and promote the exhibit with “in-house” staff and resources.  I would welcome any suggestions as far as advertising traveling exhibits and contacting other institutions. Are there any universal listings of traveling exhibits that other renting institutions go to as a resource? Perhaps there are some mass marketing techniques beyond creating a web page for the exhibit and an exhibit prospectus?

We feel the “Ultimate Trading Card Collection” could appeal to a wide variety of cultural institutions including libraries, archives, children’s, art, sports and history themed museums.  How do we to reach archives and libraries?  We traditionally have worked with museums but feel this exhibit could appeal to archives and libraries.

I would welcome any marketing ideas and would love to hear from exhibit managers how they learn about available traveling exhibits.

Thank you for your response,