From:
E McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:16:53 -0700
Hi there,

There are lots of Virtual Museum exhibits on the Virtual Museum of Canada.
VMC. Google that and you will be set, there are 100's. Emma

Beverly Bennett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,

I've been looking for online museum exhibitions relating to cultures, past or
present, and have had limited success.  The Smithsonian has some, as does the
Field Museum in Chicago; and I've found a few others that have a small number
of exhibits online, although most have quite limited material.  At this point,
I'm especially looking for alternatives to offer my college students in place
of an in--person visit for a 4-5 page paper for an introductory course in
cultural anthropology.  The assignment deals basically with the students'
perceptions of the culture{s}, as related to the presentation of the
materials.  I'd be grateful for recommendations for additional virtual sites
we could use.  I thought I would find many, but haven't yet.

Thank you!
Beverly

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).