From:
Angela Kipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:01:14 +0100
Hi all,

seems we all are observing similar developments in our field - not
only in the US. Research, collection and preventive conservation work
is on the lose. Regarded only as a field to cut costs, not regarded as
a field that is the foundation of all other museum work.

I just recently wrote an article about the registrar's work that talks
among other aspects about the phenomenon of neglecting collections
work. If someone is interested, it's called "The registrar: A strange,
endangered breed of animal rarely spotted" and you will find this
under the subheading "An endangered species?" here:
http://world.museumsprojekte.de/?p=920

Try to keep on fighting. This might be a losing battle, but as long as
there is still one conservator or collection manager in one museum
left, we have to keep on doing our important work.

Best wishes
Angela

Angela Kipp
Collection Manager