From:
Regan Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:55:51 -0500
We have a patron who has a collection of 400-500 vintage vinyl records that she is trying to find a good home for.  Following is a partial list of some of the albums.  Please contact Louise McManus at 704-922-4752 or [log in to unmask] if you are interested.

Frank Petty Trio
The Merry Macs
Tony Martin
Frankie Carle
Ray Anthony
Doris Day
Ralph Marterie
Jimmy Wakely
Vince Damone
Ray Noble & his Orchestra
Harry Owens
Helen Forrest
Kate Smith
Frankie Carle at the piano
Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers
Ben  Bernie
Eddie "Piano" Miller
Johnny Lee Wills & His Boys
Ray Price
Margaret Whiting w/Frank Devol
Vaughn Monroe & his Orchestra
Jerry Vale w/Percy Faith
Korn Kobblers
Gale Storm
Ted Daffan's Texans
Ted Weems
Glen Gray
The Stamps Quartet
Brown's Ferry Four
The Prairie Ramblers
Tex Ritter
Light Crust Doughboys
Glenn Miller & his Orchestra
Tommy Tucker Time
Roger Wolfe Kahn
Perry Como
Jill Corey w/Jimmy Carroll
Anton Karas
Gordon MacRae
Phil Harris & Orchestra
Ray Noble & his Orchestra
Buddy Jones
Burnie Peacock & Orchestra
Frankie Carle & his Orchestra
Wayne King & his Orchestra
Ted Daffan's Texans
Hank Snow
Alvino Rey & his Orchestra
Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
The Carolina Playboys
Guy Lombardo
George Morgan
Cliff Bruner & His Boys
Andrews Sisters
Jimmie Davis
Roy Acuff & his Smoky Mountain Boys
Red Foley
Sons of the Pioneers
Mitchell Ayres & his Fashions-In-Music
Snooky Lanson
Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Guy Mitchell w/Ray Conniff & his Orch.
Glen Gray
Jack Leonard
Don Rondo
The Dominoes
Dinah Shore
Bing Crosby & Mary Martin
Les Brown & his Orchestra
Benny Goodman & his Orchestra
Bill Boyd & his Cowboy Ramblers
Bob Wills & his Texas Playboys
Adolf Hofner & his San Antonians
Jimmy Wakely
Andrews Sisters
Francis Craig & his Orchestra
Bing Crosby
Wiley Walker & Gene Sullivan
Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Johnnie Ray w/Ray Conniff
Gene Autry
Jimmie Davis

Stephanie Elliott
Curator
Gaston County Museum of Art & History
131 W. Main St.
PO Box 429
Dallas, NC 28034
704-922-7681 x. 104
704-922-7683 (fax)

Become a fan on our FACEBOOK page at :  www.facebook.com/GastonCountyMuseum
Visit our website at www.gastoncountymuseum.org

Current Exhibits -
Moonshine - This exhibit will explore the long standing history of whiskey making in Gaston County and North Carolina. Visitors will learn about the legal and illegal aspects of whiskey production through the years, and hear stories from both moonshiners and the men that tried to catch them. September 18, 2012 - March 9, 2013

Self-Portraits: Artwork by Kenneth Asbury - Kenneth Asbury was born in Mt. Holly, North Carolina, and is a fine art major at Gaston College in Dallas, North Carolina. He is currently studying painting via the internet and other miscellaneous sources in an attempt to gain as much knowledge on the subject as he can find. Asbury states, “My artwork is inspired by the imagery that I think up to give an aesthetic to the feelings that I have about people and other things going on around me.” December 11, 2012 - February 9, 2013

I Remember When: Artwork by Nellie Ashford - This new exhibit showcases the art and talent of Charlotte folk artist, Nellie Ashford. Ashford, who is 69, began painting in her 50s, using acrylic paints of bright colors along with found objects. Her artwork tells the story of her life growing up in the segregated South, giving a voice to the working class and others who were not allowed to have a voice.
January 12 – April 13, 2013