ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lynn Maranda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2011 16:39:36 -0700
Dear Colleagues,

It gives ICOFOM (International Committee for Museology) great pleasure to announce its 2011 conference.

Dates:  22-26 October 2011
Place:  Taiwan:  Taipei and Kaohsiung
Topic:  "The Dialogic Museum and the Visitor Experience"

The following is our draft programme:

ICOFOM Conference 2011

Taipei and Kaoshung

22- 26 October

Draft Program

Oct 22.

Welcome dinner party at
Grand Hotel host by CCA and CAM 6pm.

After dinner, board
meeting at the hotel.

Oct 23

9:30am-5pm  Opening and speeches at the Palace Museum.

Welcome dinner party at
the Museum host by the Museum director Dr Chou at 6 pm. A city tour may
arranged after dinner .

Oct 24

9am-4pm  Conference speeches, panel discussions.

4-9pm move to Kaoshung
City

Oct 25.

9-12am  Speeches and panel discussions at National
Science and Technology Museum

2-5pm  workshop at Kaoshung Art Museum

6-10pm dinner and city
museum area tour

Oct 26.

9am-11am visit the
National Taiwan History Museum brand new pre opening

1-3pm visit National Art
Museum at Taichung

5:30pm back to Grand
Hotel

7pm Closing party at
National Taiwan Museum

Oct 27 departure for home

Three important
museologists have agreed to present keynote speeches: John Falk, Richard West
and Martin Schärer.  Three others from
the Pacific, as yet unannounced, will also kindly share their views and
concerns.
Further information will be available on our website as it becomes available at:
http://network.icom.museum/icofom

Should you have any questions, our contacts for the conference are:Kuo-Ning Chen Wu     [log in to unmask]
and
Wanchen Chang     [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in Taiwan!

Lynn Maranda
ICOFOM Secretary (corresponding)
for
Ann Davis