From:
Shannon Lindridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:30:28 -0500
Thank-you all for your suggestions.  My thoughts all along is this offer is not a collections issue.  I agree with you Cristin, this should be handed over to the development department.  Paul thank-you for your advice on checking what our charter states.  --I iwll be doing that along with looking into the will.  Our Deed of Gift does state gifts are unrestricted unless agreed to otherwise.  Our Deed of Gift is strictly for accepting objects into our collection and would not be an appropriate form to use in this case.

I am concerned about the ethics and the public perception of such a sale and want to make sure we are handling the situation the right way.

--Shannon