From:
Kristi Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:58:57 -0400
Our policy on donor responsibility varies.  Ideally, we appreciate if
they can transport their objects or pay for shipping.  However, there
are some cases where the items are traveling far and would be a great
benefit to our museum, or the donor cannot easily leave their home.  In
those cases, we will offer to pay part or all of shipment or we will
travel and retrieve the pieces.  The decision is determined based on the
situation and we do not have a specific set of rules, but we do have a
budget set aside for all things related to our collections from which
these costs are taken.

--
Kristi J. Dunn
Registrar

The Center for History is the winner of the 2013 Leighton Award for Nonprofit Excellence, presented by the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County.