Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:29:47 GMT
I am a Civil War living historian myself.  There are places that give us an honorarium for attending, and will put a minimum number of civilians and/or military to obtain said honorarium.  Now, in the wondrous age of social networking, you can also put out what you are looking for on those sites, and often get reenactors who are not part of a unit, but would like to have a good event to come to where they can demonstrate their knowledge.  Those reenactors, you would not even pay, likely, though it is polite to feed reenactors who come out for the day, and often brings out a better response.

Part of the trouble with reenactor numbers is they are steadily decreasing as well.  Many reenactors get so very busy with modern life, they neglect their 19th century life.

There are websites for events where you might get the names of different units in your area who might be interested in coming out.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to private message me if I can be of further assistance.

Lisa Sansone
Curator
Historic Valentown Hall
Victor, New York