From:
Randy Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:43:02 -0700
There are very specific FEDRAL guide lines for what an intern is and
what an independent contractor is.   Most places are breaking the law,
OF course this applies only to the USA.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.htm

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=179115,00.html

even if someone has an S corp if they are hired under some
circumstances they are not a 1099.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com