From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:04:38 -0400
Aaron, I certainly agree this is more often than not a major issue.  Perhaps you could come up with a checklist of major mythology that you are aware of, and make sure the docents are aware of these tales and that they should avoid them.
Working for a small history museum, I can already think of any number of these stories I would include in such a list.  Although I am sure you'll still have some doozies slip through I think preparedness is your best line of defense.
Candace Perry