From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:40:52 -0400
Please do not respond to me. Contact information is included in the position description below.

Position: Director of Evaluation and Learning
Department: Philanthropy
Reports to: President & CEO
Location:Chicago, IL

About the McCormick Foundation
The McCormick Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to strengthening our nation's civic health by creating educated, informed and engaged citizens.   Through its grantmaking programs, Cantigny Park and Golf, and museums, the Foundation helps build citizen leaders and make life better in our communities.   The Foundation was established as a charitable trust in 1955, upon the death of Colonel Robert R. McCormick, the longtime editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune.   The McCormick Foundation is one of the nation's largest charities, with more than $1 billion in assets.  For more information, please visit www.McCormickFoundation.org.

Principal Function
The McCormick Foundation is refining its grantmaking approach to include an increased focus on evaluation of impact, including an emphasis on systemic change in the areas of our work.

The director of evaluation will lead the development of our overall approach to evaluation, collaborate with program staff in evaluation work in program areas, and develop our systems for documenting and sharing the results and learning from evaluations.

Responsibilities
Develops the system for evaluation across all areas of the Foundation. Develops, in conjunction with program staff, evaluation plans for all program areas, and supports program staff in conducting program evaluations. Promotes learning by developing systems for documenting and communicating findings and lessons learned from evaluations. Works with Foundation staff to link evaluations with ongoing strategic and operating planning. Manages relationships with external evaluation firms, consultants, and other staff as assigned to develop research and evaluation projects. Works closely with the communications and program staff to disseminate key learning internally and externally. Presents evaluation results to Foundation management and Board of Directors.

Requirements
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five to seven years of experience in program evaluation, research, or policy analysis with a Masters degree in program evaluation, social sciences, policy analysis, or other related fields.  Ph.D. is preferred. Strong communication abilities, both speaking and in writing, including the ability to communicate complex analytical material clearly to a variety of audiences. Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in project management. Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team-building skills, including in settings requiring the collaboration of multiple private and public entities. Must have a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.

How to apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Human Resources at: [log in to unmask]
Postal Mail:
205 N. Michigan Ave.
Suite 4300
Chicago, IL 60601
Attn: Human Resources Department

Diane Gutenkauf
Director
Robert R. McCormick Museum
1s151 Winfield Rd
Wheaton IL 60189
630-260-8159 (v)
630-260-8160 (f)
www.cantigny.org

Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: McCormick Museum