From:
Helen Alten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:07:24 -0800
There is still room in the class that starts today:

MS001: The Problem with Plastics (short course)
Dates: Feb 8-12, 2010
Price: $95
Instructor: Helen Alten
Location: www.museumclasses.org

As we march boldly toward the 22nd century, artifact
collecting includes that most fragile of materials -
plastic. Not only is it in our collections, but it's used
to house our collections, too. What problems have you seen?
What problems have others seen? What materials are best?
What can we, as caretakers, do to minimize long-term
damage? Join Helen for in this mini-course for discussing
care and deterioration of plastics. Bring any questions you
have about plastics in your museum.

Logistics:
Participants in The Problem with Plastics will read
literature and participate in two one-hour chats (Wednesday
and Friday) to discuss plastics deterioration and
preservation. Each student should read course materials and
prepare questions or comments to share with the other
students in the chat. This is a mini-course and takes no
more than 10 hours of a student's time.

To reserve a spot in the course, please pay at
http://www.collectioncare.org/tas/tas.html If you have
trouble please contact Helen Alten at