From:
Dana Allen-Greil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:29:30 -0500
The 2010 Building Museums™ Symposium will take place in New York City on Sunday afternoon February 28, Monday, March 1 and Tuesday, March 2.

Building Museums™ provides a forum  for the museum community to interact, educate, and share information on best practices related to the construction, financing, planning, renovation and expansion of museums and other historical and cultural sites.

Registration before February 1: $299.00 http://www.midatlanticmuseums.org/buildingmuseums.html

ATTENTION ARCHITECTS! We are pleased to announce that Building Museums™ 2010 sessions will enable you to receive CES credits from the American Institute of Architects. We have been informed that up to 14.5 CES Credits have been approved.

**Schedule At-A-Glance**

Sunday, February 28, 2010
-------------------------------------
VARIOUS MANHATTAN MUSEUMS

2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Workshops

5:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Welcoming Reception, The Center for Architecture

Monday, March 1, 2010
-------------------------------------
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN INDIAN GEORGE GUSTAV HEYE CENTER

8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Keynote: Alice Greenwald, Director, September 11 Memorial and Museum

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM:
• Plenary Sessions
• Ask the Experts Workshops
• Concurrent Sessions
• Tours/Behind the Scenes

5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: 2nd Annual BUILDY Award Presentation and Reception

Tuesday March 2, 2010
-------------------------------------
MUSEUM OF JEWISH HERITAGE

8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
• Plenary Sessions
• Ask the Experts Workshops
• Concurrent Sessions
• Tours/Behind the Scenes

Please contact me if you have any questions or are interested in sponsorship opportunities.
Dana Allen-Greil
Board of Directors, Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/midatlanticmuse
Join us on LinkedIn: http://ow.ly/10Qd7