From:
MuseumPods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:21:22 -0400
Hello,

Several months ago I asked museums to participate in our 'community'
based iPhone app and we had a lot respond.   Now it is time to add the
RSS feeds to the app before submission to the iPhone app store.  If you
already completed the survey you will need to complete a new short
survey and add the RSS feeds, if you did not and would like to join the
app you can also complete the same form at:  http://bit.ly/csZHwU

Our Challenge -- the Divide to Cross

The public, who use iPhones and similar devices, want convenient access
to a variety of engaging, fresh content. They are fickle. Sometimes they
want deeply engrossing content like broadcast ready audio and video
media to occupy hours of time, and other times they want to graze a
nibble here and a nibble there like Twitter and Facebook posts.
Sometimes they want to dig and explore, and other times they want to
shuffle through content at random.

Museums want to cater to their onsite visitors with apps that provide
maps, hours of operation, special event announcements, general
descriptions of their collections as well as online content audio and
video tours. Of course, museums also want to reach new and broader
audiences--possibly attracting new visitors.

Our Solution -- Crossing the Divide

First, unite content from all museums into a single app and give the
public the tools they need to graze, dig, shuffle, and explore.
Encourage the public to drill in to discover more about the institutions
creating the content. Second, create an easily customized application
template empowering even small museums with limited budgets to create
professional mobile apps they can then freely distribute.

I hope more cultural institutions will join our app.

Thanks again for your time,
Kurt Stuchell

Link to the Museum Community iPhone app contribution widget
http://bit.ly/dv9Ybf

MuseumPods
http://museumpods.com