From:
Catherine Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:15:33 -0400
Dear Listers,

I'm in search of a vendor for high-quality, long-lasting utility
carpet runner suitable for putting on stairs.

We've been investigating options to protect our original 19th century
staircase from wear and tear and carpet seems to be the preferred
choice, but unfortunately we know that the stairs were not carpeted
originally so we don't want to use anything that suggests that it is
an authentic reproduction.  Right now what we're looking at is a
minimally obtrusive commercial utility carpet that will blend
reasonably well with the wood but not appear to be a reproduction
carpet.  Does anyone have any suggestions on vendors?  Right now we're
struggling because the most durable runners all seem to have Oriental
patterns, which is precisely what we don't want.

Thanks in advance,
Catherine Dean

--
Catherine E. Dean