From:
Michele Sabol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:13:15 -0500
Hello,
My name is Michele Sabol. I am a museum studies graduate student. I
was wondering if anyone at your institutions has dealt with September
11 artifacts and issues dealing with the provenance of those
artifacts. How are you going about doing provenance research on those
objects? Did you contact surviving families once the objects were
identified, if they were dropped off at your museum or institution
without proper ownership documentation or information? Does your
collection consist of objects categorized as evidence from the FBI or
New York Police Department and were these objects donated?

I am interested to see how museums are managing September 11
artifacts: if museums are actively doing provenance research on these
objects, what issues may prevent them from doing so, how they are
doing the research, and if any artifacts had to be returned to
families and owners.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Michele Sabol