From:
Julie Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:31:43 -0800
There is a great website where you can purchase a single license to various computer programs for a much reduced rate if you are a nonprofit organization.  It is called TechSoup  www.techsoup.org.  We have used it many times to get programs for our museum.  A couple of years ago we purchased the Adobe suite of programs which includes Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.  The drawback is that they are only on one computer but if only one person in your organization uses these programs, the discounted single license will solve your problem.

I am a big fan of Photoshop and InDesign.  They take a little getting used to but once you have the basics they are great for creating exhibit panels, newsletters, etc. I have been able to find Continuing Education classes in my area that for a nominal fee provide several weeks of training on each program and get you comfortable with the programs.  Definitely something to look into around your home town.

Julie Frey
Curator of Collections
Litchfield Historical Society
P.O. Box 385