From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:46:00 -0800
Hi, William --

Your message went out to the List on Monday, Feb. 16th -- didn't you get the confirmation?  The lack of response may have been partly due to the President's Day holiday with people setting their email to "vacation."

There's an easy way to check and see if a message you think may have gone out rather than sending it again.  Click on the link in the Museum-L attachment at the bottom of every message from this Listserv. When you get to the FAQ, go to 11. Archives and click on that link.  You'll be connected to an index of messages organized by month and week and you can check to see if your first message went out to subscribers.  You'll can also search the archives for subjects like design firms or exhibit costs per sq. ft. You may find some earlier messages that will get you started.

In addition to the timing of your original message, the lack of information makes it difficult for people to respond -- what part of the country is your client in?  what size exhibit is planned ? will the exhibit include only 2-dimensional items or will 3-dimensional objects be on display? are there security concerns because the items are valuable? etc., etc.  Is the client willing to give a new firm a chance or is an long-established design firm a requirement?  All these items will affect the cost rather dramatically.

If you don't want to share details with all the Museum-L subscribers, perhaps you could ask for recommendations of exhibit design firms that have done work in the client's field or geographic region and then go into details with selected firms.

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI