From:
Heather McClenahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 12:09:06 -0600
Actually, I haven't responded yet because I'm in the middle of it. We
had our annual meeting last night. Our annual fundraising campaign and
membership drive starts today. Our funding is 1/3 local government (we
are a contract service provider), 1/3 memberships and the final 1/3
from sales of our publications and in our shop as well as the
occasional grant. Grants have come from federal, state, and local
sources, depending on the project. We recently got Grant Station
through Techsoup, and it's a great resource.
    We have a staff of 6 -- all varying hours of part-time. Our budget
is around $210,000.

Heather McClenahan, museum assistant/web master
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1921 Juniper St.