From:
Shelly Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:25:17 -0600
Hi Kristin,

We require a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will, or at
least that section which pertains to the items in our possession.  Rarely
have we found that the will specifies the items on to loan to us, but there
is usually some section which says (in non-legalese) "anything else is the
responsibility of _________" or executors.  We also have a copy of something
to prove who they (either the heirs or executors) are, namely a drivers
license.  All of this is kept in the hardcopy file, especially if the items
are to be kept at the museum.  We close the old loan and issue a new loan
agreement or deed of gift with the 'heirs'.  We haven't had many problems
with this.

Hope this helps.

Shelly Berger
Museum of Mobile