From:
Matthew Mangarella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:31:12 -0800
Dear Colleagues:

Hi, my name is Matthew Mangarella and I appreciate your suggestions when it comes to continuing with my career exploration in the history field. In 1997 I had a thesis publish at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania where I got my master's degree in history and I really wanted to write something different, so since I was taking womens studies courses at the time and there was no thesis written about womens studies I decided to research something about Elizabeth Cady Stanton. The title of my thesis was Birth of a Feminist: How Elizabeth Cady Stanton Past Experiences Formed the Seneca Falls Convention of 1848.

My question is what do other people do when they continue work on their theses project after they get their Master Degrees. I have not been working on my thesis for a long time, therefore I do not remember what it is about? Should I keep my thesis notes, should I recycle them, I have never really look at them since I wrote my thesis. It was publish at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1997 and it is around 78 pages long, so compare to other thesis work it is rather short. Should I reread my thesis and what should be the next step I want to think about in continuing work with this?

What did other people do with their thesis after they finish them? Did they get it publish as a textbook? Someone in the academic community told me history students use their thesis in conference presentations or they develop it into a magazine article? How can I use my thesis to help me get a career into history? Should I continue work with my theses as doctorate dissertation? What are other people's experiences on here when they continue work with their thesis and how did it lead into something good into their history careers or how did it get them into a entry-level history career? Thank you.

Matt