From:
Karin Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:56:02 -0500
You might check out the National Council for Preservation Education
internships.  They offer paid internships at various federal agencies and
in a variety of museum-related fields (art, archeology, historical
architecture, cultural landscapes, etc.).  The summer application period
has ended, but they will be posting new internships for the 2008-2009
academic year later in the summer.  The internships and application
instructions are located at:

http://www.preservenet.cornell.edu/employ/ncpe.html

Good luck in your search!

Karin

Karin Roberts
Curator

Midwest Archeological Center
National Park Service
100 Centennial Mall North
Federal Building, Room 474
Lincoln, NE  68508
Tel: 402-437-5392, ext. 120
Fax: 402-437-5098

----- Forwarded by Karin Roberts/MWAC/NPS on 06/30/2008 08:42 AM -----
|         |           "Sarah M. Allen    |
|         |           Sarah Allen Museum |
|         |           Technician Knife   |
|         |           River Indian       |
|         |           Villages NHS       |
|         |           Stanton, ND        |
|         |           58571-0009         |
|         |           701.745.3300"      |
|         |           GOV>               |
|         |           Sent by: Museum    |
|         |           discussion list    |
|         |           .LSOFT.COM>        |
|         |           06/26/2008 09:10 AM|
|         |           CST                |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Museum discussion  |
|         |           list               |
  |       To:       [log in to unmask]                                                                                 |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Karin Roberts/MWAC/NPS)                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [MUSEUM-L] Internships                                                                                   |

Watch the usual museum classifieds (like on AAM). Most school year ones are
advertised in May and filled by July, but there is still hope since you are
returning in the winter (or leaving in the summer as it were;). I just
looked on AAM and there were 6 internships up for offer at a natural
history museum. I know several art museum have yearly offerings, but many
are unpaid for college credit or experience only so read the fine print.

Also, many museums have information on their websites about the internships
they have. for example the Guggenheim of New York.
http://www.guggenheim.org/education/get_involved.shtml
Again most of these are unpaids, and few even have living stipends.

Good Luck,
Sarah Allen
Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at