From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:58:58 -0800
The following three links provide information
regarding several modules of an exhibit on light and
perception, called "Image/Imagination," which was
displayed to the public from 1982 to 1991 at
Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium and Institute
of Popular Science (a.k.a. Buhl Science Center):

<
http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/BuhlAidesbook1983p20.JPG

<
http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/BuhlAidesbook1983p21.JPG

<
http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/BuhlAidesbook1983p22.JPG

In addition to these modules, one earlier exhibit was
incorporated as an additional module of
"Image/Imagination." "The Phantom Planet" consisted of
a parabolic mirror and a light source, in such a
configuration in a large box thus that it appeared
that the image of a "planet' (i.e. small ball made to
look like a planet) was suspended in mid-air. Children
would try to grab the "planet," but find that their
fingers went right through the image. Then, they could
look down into the box to see the actual object
("planet").

"Image/Imagination" was funded by the Spectroscopy
Society of Pittsburgh and the Society of Analytical
Chemists of Pittsburgh. "The Phantom Planet" had been
funded by the PPG Industries Foundation.

Hope this information helps you.

gaw