From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 18:37:41 -0800
Hi,

So sorry to hear about your flood. You have already gotten good
advice. Whoever you get in for recovery first and foremost: DRY
everything out immediately - dehumidifiers, fans to circulate air,
etc. If the water got into a wall then you'll have to open up a window
into the worst area to check inside and see if you have issues behind
the walls. If you have old wiring inside the walls and the potential
of water -well, I'd keep the power off on those circuits unitl you
know - the worst thing would be to get a short that cold turn into a
fire.  Do not file the final claim until you know that the scope of
the problem is defined. If you have suffered damage to historic
objects the you can find good information on the Heritage Preservation
site - get lots of blotter paper to interleave photos and documents
and books. Also, make sure that you determine why the pipe burst and
make sure that however it is corrected that something better goes in
its place.

All Best Wishes,
Dave

David Harvey