From:
Chad Landsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:37:35 -0500
Tasha,

I agree with the others, that it is quite possibly a phishing scam.  You
may already have concluded the same too.  Were you notified by Email or
were you contacted by a PayPal employee?  If it was through Email it is
almost certainly a phishing scam.  However, PayPal does like individuals
to provide a bank account for "backup" funding.  If PayPal has put some
sort of hold/requirement on your account you should be able to log in on
their website and view any problems with your account.  Be sure to type
in PayPal's URL in your address bar and stay away from hot links in your
Email.

The greater issue is in the accounting correct?  Just because you have a
bank account on file with PayPal does not mean you have to use it.  When
you pay with PayPal they will give you the chance to select a funding
source.  I've never had my bank account charged for purchases and
neither should you as long as your credit is good and the account isn't
maxed out.  Depending on the wishes of the accounting department you
could simply create a new bank account for collecting purchases.
Hope this helps
chad

--
Chad W Landsman