From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 18:37:33 -0800
Hi Everyone,

This is sort of a pleasant aside from the normal postings that I do on here.

For a bit over a year I spent four evenings a week volunteering as a
videographer and director of live six-camera music webcasts and I also
produced and directed seven shows. Some people watch TV - Well I
created an online version of it!

I am letting you all know about it because it would be a treat to hear
from my many good friends and colleagues out there about this.

All of the artists who I have worked with are such amazing talents -
they create and perform original music. If you are looking for a
performer for an evening or someone who can compose an original piece
of music for you you would be more than well served by any of this
fine folks. And I also want to encourage you to listen to and support
the musicians in your locale who should be featured in their
communities. Given the recent dust-up with BMI about licensing rights
I firmly believe that this is something that many museums should
consider.

I have recently established a Director's Channel on YouTube that
features video clips of songs from many great LA musicians and
songwriters who were part of live music webcasts that I produced and
directed last year at Kulak's Woodshed. The clips are selected for a
diversity of music and genres as well as for the visual qualities of
compostion, shot selection, and editing (remember ALL of these were
recorded live:-)

I have spent many hours diligently working to create good quality
digital video clips  -  it is not easy to get really good video and
especially sound on YouTube!

www.youtube.com/topladave

I have asked every artist for permission to post thier performances
and they have all graciously and enthusiastically said "Yes!"

You are all welcome to visit and see these clips and comment and rate
them. Be mindful that there are more uploaded than what appears so you
should go to the bottom of the videos field and click on "see all
videos". Or you can click on a video and then go to the right side of
the page and click on "More from Topladave" and you will have a scoll
selection of every video (right now there are 32).

I am continuing to add to the channel almost every day so please do
check back for new clips.

Most important: almost every artist in these clips is independant and
not signed with a label. They all have wonderful talent to create true
magic -  if you really enjoy their songs please support them by buying
their music and especially seeing them play live. They all have web
pages and I have tried to list where you can find them in the
descriptions for the videos.

Happy Holidays!
Dave

David Harvey