From:
nicholas burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 09:14:28 -0500
Sounds pretty exciting. There are numerous things that can be tried. In my own experience we have had one-day parking events (one of the simplest and best fundraisers ever), balls, dinners honoring individuals, "Simple Suppers", auctions, photo exhibits, book sales, festivals, hot dog sales at Indy 500 trials, art exhibit and sales, etc. The idea is making something that is simple, that could be repeated, has the least preparation time, fits the proper demographic for your Friends group, and is fun for the participants. I would recommend trying any fundraiser for three years. If you are not meeting your fiscal goals after that period of time, then think about something else. If you are meeting your goals, howeve, and have room to grow, then continue-on and make a tradition. peace, Nick