From:
Sean Gaffaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:01:16 -0000
Hi Jerry and others who may be mystified- sorry about that- I forgot our
official email Banner doesn't come through on Museum-L.

1. We are the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester, UK.
2. Researchers are based at University College London led by Dr. May
Cassar
3. Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) our sponsoring body
4. Brief is a literature review, including grey or non-published works
on climate change as it is expected to affect heritage structures
including any mitigating actions that people are taking or proposing to
take. Brief is deliberately broad as it is not expected to show much-
second phase of research may be to carry out a gap analysis to identify
future research directions
5. Timescale for literature review is short- completion is due by
January

I am on the project board representing museums and have punted out this
question to every network I am associated with as I know that folks in
other countries are also grappling with the same issues- and it would
seem silly to re-invent a wheel for a specific British application.

Hope that clears things up.

Sean

Sean Gaffaney
Head of Gallery & New Developments
Tel : 0161 606 0225
Fax : 0161 606 0104

Museum of Science and Industry
Liverpool Road, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4FP
Web: www.mosi.org.uk

This message may contain confidential information. If you have received
this message by mistake, please inform the sender by sending an e-mail
reply. At the same time please delete the message and any attachments
from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies.
Although all our e-mail messages and any attachments upon sending are
automatically virus scanned we assume no responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the receipt and/or use. This message has been sent
on behalf of Greater Manchester Museum of Science & Industry Trust,
Liverpool Road, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4FP. Registered Company
Number 2067804. Charity Registration Number 518412. VAT Registration
Number 588 8279 60. MSIM Enterprises Ltd, Liverpool Road, Castlefield,
Manchester, M3 4FP. Registered Company Number 2965671. VAT Registration
Number 588 8279 60.