From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 13:22:18 -0700
> We are working on a scanning project of old medical
> journals...
> We have it locked so it can not be
> printed but I am looking for a way to lock the PDF
> file from being downloaded from our website.

Depending on how old the medical journals are, is
there really a need to lock them from being downloaded
or from being printed? At some point, the copyright on
these journals has expired, so that there is no legal
liability on the part of your institution.

If I were you, I would simply ask researchers, who
download and/or print such journal articles, to credit
your institution in any subsequent citing or
publishing of the article, in addition to crediting
the journal. I think this would fulfill the mission of
your organization.

gaw