From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:03:03 -0700
Thanks, Gayle -- fascinating article -- hope it
generates discussion and thought.  I'd no idea the Air
and Space Museum numbers had tumbled like that.  If it
were entirely due to sloppy head-counting, it ought to
have been true for all the museums on the Mall.

A better explanation, imho, is competition from newer
museums for visitors to DC to enjoy, the proliferation
of museums devoted to aeronautical/astronautical
subjects around the U.S. and the sad decline of the
U.S. space program (kinda amazing what lack of
competition seems to lead to, isn't it?)

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI

--- "Indigo Nights (Gayle)" <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/05/AR2007100500150.html?referrer=emailarticle

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/emailafriend?contentId=AR2007100500150&sent=no&referrer=emailarticle

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=admin/email&referrer=emailarticle

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/