From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:32:29 -0600
I have been in the same situation in a small rural town in eastern
Washington.  Clear
focus between the Board and Staff have to be defined, that is the board sets
up the
policy and guidelines, and be "invovled" in fundraising, etc.  The ED/Staff
follows that
policy, but operate the day-to-day operation of the museum/organization.

If you want to contact me off-line, I can go into more details, and have a
lot of
resources for you in dealing with small, rural museums, management, etc.

John