From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:47:45 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Dinosaur's egg teeth imply connection to modern animals
Fossils of dinosaur embryos are extremely rare, but in a remote area of
Patagonia in Argentina, huge nesting grounds of sauropods have been
discovered

**  Not Dinos But - How a prehistoric predator took to the skies
The model is the size of an adult anhanguera, a subspecies of pterodactyl
named after a town in Brazil where several beautifully preserved specimens
have been found

**  Flocks of birds may have taken wing with dinos
Roadrunner-like birds skittered around under the feet of dinosaurs 125
million years ago, according to ancient tracks found in fossilized Chinese
mud two years ago

**  T. rex fossil hunters win lease ruling appeal
A 2 1/2-year court battle for ownership of a juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex
nicknamed "Tinker" will continue

**  Other Fossil news - Prehistoric Whale Found in Inland Italy
Researchers have excavated the skeleton of a 4 million-year-old whale in the
Tuscan countryside, a discovery that could help reconstruct the prehistoric
environment of the sea that once covered the region

**  Golden age of dino finds forecast
Major announcements in 2006, for example, included Turiasaurus - Europe's
largest dinosaur - and a fossil from a species of Plateosaurus that was the
deepest ever found, in a drill core 2,256m below the floor of the North Sea

**  Sponsor needed for dinosaur skeletons
Ege University's Natural History Museum in Izmir, Turkey is in search of
sponsor to bring the skeletons of two 70-million-year-old dinosaurs from
abroad
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Field dinosaur exhibit teaches, debunks myths
Recent research suggests T. rex more likely moved at speeds of 10 to 25
m.p.h.-faster than its prey, but probably not as fast as the speeding jeep
in "Jurassic Park."

**  The Bone Collector
Fossil hunter, philanderer, oilman, spy: Barnum Brown dabbled in a
few ­dubious shenanigans while amassing the world's greatest cache of
ancient bones.

**  Dinosaurs Alive! thundering into town
Scenes in the film include a velociraptor and a protoceratops in a fight to
the death, which occurs sooner than expected as a sand dune sweeps over them
and preserves their remains for modern-day scientists

**  A fossil bonanza in Alberta
The energy-fueled development boom that has swept the province in recent
years has also spawned a bonanza for fossil hunters and historians

**  Dinosaur Demise Didn't Spur Species
The big dinosaur extinction of 65 million years ago didn't produce a flurry
of new species in the ancestry of modern mammals after all, says a huge
study that challenges a long-standing theory

**  Family Fossil-Hunting Field Trip
The Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History

**  Attention all Sauropod Researchers
The University of Wyoming Apatosaurus - UW 15556 (formerly Carnegie Museum
CM 563) has been disassembled for molding, casting and remounting.

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History