From:
Karen Reeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:11:21 -0400
I was about to suggest checking with the historic home Stenton, in
Germantown, Philadelphia, but Barbara Haas beat me to it:
<http://www.stenton.org/research/plan.cfm>http://www.stenton.org/research/plan.cfm
"...Over the last year, Stenton has been involved in an extensive
interpretive planning project. The result of that plan has now been
published, and is already being recognized as an innovative product
that will shape how we present the site to the public for years to
come. ...

  Early in 2006, I served as the site reviewer of Stenton in the
American Historical
Association's program, Exchange of Views, a program intended to help
public historians at historic sites tap current scholarship. I also
took a group of UPenn students in  graduate seminar in public history
and Enlightenment science to the site. We were all very impressed by
Stenton's interpretive plan. Large chunks of it are incorporated into
the text of their web site, but I'm sure that  the Executive
Director, Stephen Hague, and his  colleagues would be happy to share
the whole plan with you. I'd certainly be glad to send along my own
site review.

If you come to Philadelphia, be sure to go there--fascinating place!

Karen

--
Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
Guest Curator