From:
Jennifer Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 18:02:56 -0400
Hello Beau:

We are nearly done with a two-year process of rehousing 6,000 miniature
painted lead soldiers at our museum. The way we chose to proceed was to have
acid free boxes custom made to fit Viking cabinets so each box could hold
three marching regiments or two cavalry units. Each box is lined in the
bottom with a sheet of Volara (so the miniatures don't slide around) and
each individual soldier is wrapped with a "bumper" of acid free tissue at
the base. This way the soldiers don't touch each other and at least the top
half of each figure is still visible for identification and handling
purposes (as opposed to wrapping the entire figure in tissue). Each regiment
is separated from another in the box with a blueboard divider so they don't
get mixed within a box. The boxes can then be stacked on a shelf (two or
three high) and 75 boxes fit into 1 cabinet. If you would like a photo of a
packed box to make this explanation more clear, please let me know.

Good luck!
Jennifer Madden

Jennifer Y. Madden
Director of Collections & Exhibitions