From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:59:57 -0700
Not sure if the tradition continues but for many years
the Milwaukee Public Museum had a marvelous one.  And
it might qualify as happening during a tour, assuming
the tour happened at the right time.

An anonymous individual(s) would slip an out-of-
context object into a new exhibit case just in time
for the opening, for example, a Civil War-era toy
soldier and cannon might be placed in the foreground
of a case featuring dinosaur fossils.

We all had our suspects but the generally accepted
explanation was that it was the ghost of Director
Samuel A. Barrett making certain we were keeping up
with the standards established in his era (Curator of
Anthropology, 1909-1940, director, 1920-1940.)

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI