From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:52:06 -0800
Karl,

Seriously the T-shirt was not the relevant thing here.

The fact that this juror - irregardless of her profession - did not
listen to the judge's instructions and "misinterpreted" them is.

What makes you better suited to serve on a jury is the ability to be
objective, follow the rules of the court (including not being a
consumer of the media when involved in a trial), and to weigh and
evaluate only the evidence presented in court according to the
instructions that pertain to the charges that are given to you by the
judge.

In many cases there are very real human lives at stake and often there
is conflicting evidence and facts that must be evaluated.

I, for one, do not celebrate this juror's competance as it could have
well cause a mistrial and may still be an issue in any future actions
depending on the case's outcome.

Yes, I do have a sense of humor, but I also have a much deeper
appreciation of the legal process after serving as a foreman on a
felony sexual assault trial a few years ago.

It is ultimately about real lives and not so much about t-shirts.

Sincerely,
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator