From:
Tod Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:49:58 -0500
At 02:34 PM 2/23/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone have recommendations of individuals or companies to use
>to create computer kiosks in two new exhibits?  We are located in
>the San Francisco Bay Area.

Are you looking for program designers to create the experiences,
fabricators to build the kiosks, systems people for the hardware, or
all of the above?

If you need all of the above, you might consider engaging a
production company that specializes in museum exhibits such as my
company, Hillmann & Carr Inc. in Washington, DC.   We have thirty
years experience producing programs for museums and exhibits,
shepherding them from master planning through installation.  I would
be happy to talk to you about your project even if you don't think
you need a full service producer like us.

It's hard for me to provide other specific recommendations since we
work with many excellent companies providing all of the above
services.  Most work nationally so I would not feel compelled to work
locally unless your budget is very tight.  However, here are a couple
of quick suggestions that are more local to you, in no particular order:

West Office Design, Oakland, CA, design and fabrication
BBI Engineering, hardware systems, San Francisco
MAD Systems, Orange, CA, computer systems and specialty fabrication

For more ideas, I suggest the AAM marketplace search engine.  Not
perfect, but pretty good.
http://www.museummarketplace.com/index.php

Good Luck

Tod Hopkins